Hand therapy refers to rehabilitation of upper extremity which includes the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder girdle. When any of these is injured, the chances are you would be limited in everything you want to do.
We can help with such problems which arise through trauma to the hand. Just to name few:
- Carpal tunnel: a condition we treat often
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Repetitive strain
- Nerve injuries
- Joint replacements
- Tendon injuries
- Any aches or pains of the wrist and hand
Our expert physiotherapist has immense knowledge and experience in working with such patients. They have an extra ordinary art of making in-house splints from scratch for most upper extremity problems especially small joints of hands.
- In-depth evaluation of your condition affecting upper extremity – hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder complex
- Detailed care-plan to get back to your activities and functions using hands
- Explanation to understand your condition and education to prevent any further complications
- Pain management interventions
- Regaining strength and mobility of your arms and hands.
- Sensory re-education
- Custom brace, splints and taping
You will be also assessed for any substitute movements that your body may have adapted to compensate hand injury. Our physiotherapist will help you in such other secondary issues as well.
Call us (905) 389 – 8772 to know more about hand therapy and if you need to book appointment with our therapist.