ORTHOPEDIC PHYSIOTHERAPY IN HAMILTON
Orthopedic Physiotherapy treats injuries or disorders of your skeletal system, muscles, joints, and ligaments, especially before and after surgery as rehab for your hip, shoulder, knee, ankle or foot. This scientific approach starts with a thorough clinical assessment, followed by appropriate Orthopedic Physiotherapy treatments.
Your orthopedic physiotherapist at Innova Physiotherapy in Hamilton will get to the root of the issue, help you along your recovery journey, and prevent a recurrence. The treatment goals are to provide pain relief, increase your range of motion, improve strength and flexibility and ultimately restore your body to full function.
Innova Physiotherapy for Orthopedic Physiotherapy in Hamilton
Conditions treated by your orthopedic physiotherapist at Innova Physiotherapy in Hamilton include:
- Rehabilitation before and after surgery for Hips, Shoulders, Knees and Feet or Ankles
- Inflammation of bursa and tendons
- Ligament strains, sprains, and tears
- Rehabilitation after fractures
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Physiotherapy treatment options for orthopedic conditions include:
- Hands-on manual therapy – Carefully moving the joints to reduce pain and restore the normal mobility range. This includes mobilization, manipulation, and other similar techniques.
- Electrotherapy – Provides pain relief while promoting the healing in soft tissues or stimulating activation of the muscle fibres.
- Acupuncture – Based on Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture involves inserting fine needles to reduce pain and normalize movement. Acupuncture complements other physiotherapy treatments, most often used with hands-on therapy, exercises and education.
- Education – Education and counselling about how your body works and how best to move to support your healing.
- Tailored exercises and customized exercise plans – To maximize your results, reducing pain in the short-term and speeding recovery. Specific exercises also reduce the risk of future injury. Scientifically designed exercises help your posture, improve mobility in your joints and spine, plus stabilize and strengthen muscles to better support your bones.
- Post-surgical rehab program – After hip or knee replacement surgery, qualified under the program of care by MOHLTC and MOH. We provide bundled services for various orthopedic surgeries, especially hip and knee replacements to help you plan your healing journey.
Serving physiotherapy patients in the Hamilton, Stoney Creek, and Ancaster, Ontario areas.