INNOVA PHYSIOTHERAPY IN HAMILTON
Physiotherapy helps you restore your body’s movement and function from injury, illness, or a disability. It can even help you reduce the risk of injury or illness in the future! Innova Physiotherapy in Hamilton uses this holistic approach to involve you directly in your own care.
When Physiotherapy Helps
Physiotherapy helps people of any age with health issues affecting:
- Your bones, joints, or soft tissues – Problems like back, neck, and shoulder pain or sports injuries
- Pain and inflammation after an injury at work or a car accident
- The brain and nervous system – For movement problems from a stroke, whiplash, concussion, multiple sclerosis (MS) or Parkinson’s disease
- Your heart and circulation – As rehabilitation after a heart attack
- For your lungs and breathing – To help chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, and potentially even lung damage from COVID.
- Physiotherapy helps you become more active while preventing further injuries.
INNOVA PHYSIOTHERAPY IN HAMILTON – Meet the Physiotherapists
Physiotherapists require specialized training. Certified, regulated practitioners are called physiotherapists. The physiotherapists here at Innova Physiotherapy in Hamilton consider the body as a whole, not just focusing on individual aspects of your injury or illness. This holistic approach offers long-term results for patients.
Some of the main therapies we use are:
- Manual therapy – Your physiotherapist uses their hands to help relieve stiffness and pain and encourage greater mobility. Our certified physiotherapists are Fellows of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (FCAMPT) who have completed post-graduate education and attained internationally recognized qualifications in hands-on therapy.
- Education and advice – Our physiotherapists offer advice about your daily life, like posture, lifting, carrying, physical activity, and playing sports to help prevent injuries.
- Tailored exercise programs – Customized exercises improve your general health and increase mobility while strengthening the parts of your body where you have pain.
Other techniques may be used as determined by your physiotherapist, based on your unique condition and situation.
The first step is always a thorough assessment. Your physiotherapist at Innova Physiotherapy in Hamilton will initially complete a comprehensive exam. Then, you and your physiotherapist discuss a step-by-step plan for your recovery. You can count on us at Innova Physiotherapy in Hamilton to be there with you as you take your recovery journey.
Serving physiotherapy patients in the Hamilton, Stoney Creek, and Ancaster, Ontario areas.